Saturday, March 10, 2012

Dave's Homemade Healthy Version of Wingers Sticky Finger Salad

This is a step-by-step recipe for my version of Wingers Sticky Finger Salad. I really love this when I go to the restaurant and figured I could replicate it at home in a healthier way, most people recreate this using frozen breaded chicken tenders (frozen dinner style) you know more breading than chicken. Trust me this is a awesome recipe I have perfected over time and I feel now it is worthy to share, cause it's a hit every time at my house! So here we go.


3 lbs of chicken tenders rinsed, drained and de-tendoned ( use kitchen shears like a surgeon in order to not trash the meat)
4 eggs beaten in a separate bowl (in case you can't tell from the picture :)) I kill me!

Breading ingredients in another bowl.
1 Cup Italian flavored bread crumbs
1 Cup of Panko crumbs
1 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Black Pepper
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp No Salt Seasoning
1 tsp Sea Salt
Hand stir to mix all ingredients.


Hand dip chicken tender in egg then coat with the panko mixture. I pick the chicken up by the small tip end of tender in order to not wipe the mixture off the chicken. Then place them on a foiled cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes (or until no longer pink). You will notice from the picture they are lightly breaded, you can still see the chicken through it.



Sticky Finger Sauce
This recipe is the one I think is the best. I have tweaked with it many times and love this one the best. It is not too thick and syrup like. This one is tasty and thin enough it is great! One more thing I strongly recommend to not use anything other than Frank's please! It's just not the same....amen!

Combine the following in a saucepan on medium heat. Continually whisking until sugar has incorporated and it is a smooth sauce.
3/4 Cup Frank's Hot Sauce
1/2 Cup Water
1 1/2 Cups Packed Brown Sugar
It's that simple!
Salad Presentation
This one is served on a bed of arugula and spinach. Complimented with cucumbers, craisins, lightly sprinkled monterrey jack cheese and little touch of lite ranch dressing.
I also like to drizzle a little of the sticky finger sauce as well.


The bonus is leftovers!
Thanks for reading and happy eating!
Dave Ulibarri

No comments:

Post a Comment