Friday, March 9, 2012

Twice Baked Cauliflower

Hi everyone, we are BACK! We have been so busy the last couple of weeks! I have been training for a half marathon. That has been interesting to say the least. I am up to 6 miles so far, and I am going for 7 on Sunday. Dave has been so busy with work. He is in the middle of getting ready for the statewide "shakeout" eathquake drill in April. I don't know how he does it! Him along with a few others are writing up all of the scenarios for this event. He says we are long overdue here in Utah for an earthquake. I am so proud of him! Anyhow, I have been trying out a lot of new recipes. The one I tried tonight was SO good. Twice baked cauliflower a lo carb spin on twiced baked potatoes. I tweaked the recipe a bit so it fits more into our lifestyle. EVERYONE should give this a try!



TWICE BAKED CAULIFLOWER
1 large head cauliflower
2 oz. low fat cream cheese
1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
10 slices turkey bacon
4-5 green onions
1 1/4 cups shredded cheese
salt and pepper

Take the head of cauliflower and chop it into small florets.  Put into large pan and fill with water, add some salt as you would for pasta. Boil until tender.  While the cauliflower is cooking, cut up turkey bacon into small piece. Cook in a skillet with a little olive oil until crispy and then drain onto a paper towel. Cut up green onions and set aside. Once cauliflower is done, strain and put back into pan. Use a potato masher and mash up the cauliflower. I left it a little chunky for texture. It does not need to be smooth. Put into a glass casserole dish. Add the cream cheese and sour cream and mash a little more. add bacon, onions and 1/2 cup cheese and salt and pepper.  Sprinkle the remaining cheese on the top.  Put in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes. Serve right away!! YUMMY!!
I hope you all give this one a try! I will be back on soon with some more must try recipes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment